Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weekend Recap!!!

 
Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a fun Labor Day weekdend! I know, I did. My weekend was jammed packed with attending a wedding, outlet mall shopping, Kem concert, African Fest and topping my weekend off with a 60 minute full body massage and a movie night with my love!

On Saturday my boyfriend and I drove out to Yorkville, IL. We bought a zip lining deal for Raging Waters (a waterpark) on Living Social a while back and have yet to use them. When we arrived at Raging Waters it was raining and the park was closed. My boyfriend being the wonderful man that he is, had a backup plan. Since, the Chicago Premium Outlet Mall is in Aurora ( Which is 10 minutes from Yorkville) we went there! Being the shop-a-holic I am I was extremely stoked because I had b=never been out to that outlet mall before. This is thee BEST outlet mall I have ever been to! From stores such as, Juicy Couture, Michael Kors, J Crew, Ralph Lauren, Coach, Nike, Brooks Brothers and BCBG, I was in awe. My goal is to save up money and go back and do some major shopping damage. I didn't take any pics while at the outlet mall, but I do have a picture of the neon pink Nike Frees my boyfriend got me! SO excited to wear these while working out.



 
 
 
 

 
On Sunday two very dear friends of mine got married at the Odyssey Country Club.  The ceremony was outside and I'm so happy it didn't rain like it was supposed to.  I love cute little details as they were walking down the aisle after being pronounced all the guests blow bubbles at them and the bubbles were bride and groom bubbles.  Super cute!  It was such a beautiful occassion and I'm so happy for them to be united in marriage and I wish them many blessings and to always put God first in their marriage.  Congratulations Marcus and Brittanie Turner!
 
 
 




 
 
 
 Monday I went to the African Fest.  It's an annual weekend event on the South Side of Chicago in  Washington Park. I look forward to this event every year.  Great food, homemade fragrances, soaps, lotions, jewelry, beautiful artwork and sculptures .  I love supporting black owned business especially when the items are homemade.  I bought some body oils and facial soaps (doing a review soon). 
 
 




 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment