Tuesday, December 3, 2013

DIY December: Leg Exfoliator

Happy December!

This month is dedicated to everything DIY.  I want to showcase some DIY projects that can easily be gift ideas as well!  So let's get started!


So thanks to good ol' Pinterest, I found a recipe for a leg scrub.  I just tried this on myself and it is amazing!



What you will need:
1 1/4 cup of sugar

1/2 cup of oil ( I used Olive Oil, but you can use any oil you want)

3 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice ( I squeezed one lemon)

A jar ( bought mine from my local Dollar Tree) 

A funnel

A shaving razor ( not shown)

Mix all the ingredients together as shown below. 




After all ingredients are in the jar, put the lid on the jar and shake well to ensure all ingredients are mixed well.



I used this scrub while I was in the shower and according to the blog (http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/07/diy-skin-smoother-for-silky-soft-legs.html) I found the recipe from, you should let your skin soak for a few minutes. After your skin is nice and damp, rub the scrub on your legs ( can be used on your entire body as well, I used it on my arms too) shave and rinse. After you have rinsed, you're going to apply the scrub all over your legs and shave again. Yes again! 
 
My legs feel amazing! I can't stop touching them. Ladies, I think it's important to shave and keep ourselves well groomed in the winter months, just as well as the summer! 



I suggest doubling the recipe to make a full jar!

Happy scrubbing!










No comments:

Post a Comment