Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cinnamon Glaze Doughnuts

Monday night I made doughnuts for the very first time. I found the recipe on pinterest via Kyrstal Knight who also has a fabulous blog www.thefeistyhouse.com.   The doughnuts were good, but if you check out Krystal's blog her's were perfect.  So I plan on making them again and getting the glaze to set better.  Enjoy!


Recipe:

1 can of refigerated biscuits
1/3 cup of a cinnamon spread (I used Country Crock cinnamon spread)
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
4 tbsp of milk
Canola oil for frying








First you want to take the biscuits out of the can and cut holes out of the middle. ( I used a knife, but if you have a cookie cutter you can use that as well.)  Cook biscuits in Canola oil until they are golden brown. (About two minutes on each side.)  After the biscuits were down I placed them on a plate with a paper towel so the oil can drain.





 
 
To make the glaze, place the cinnamon spread in a bowl and melt in the microwave for one minute.  Then, stir in the powdered sugar and the vanilla.  Next, add in the milk one tbsp at a time.
 
 

 
 
 
Once the doughnuts have cooled off, you can dip them into the glaze.  Feel free to put as much glaze on them as you want.  After I glazed the doughnuts I placed the doughnuts on a glass plate to set.  On Krystal's blog you placed her doughnuts on a cooling rack, which is a way better idea!  Once the doughnuts are set eat and enjoy!
 
 
 








P.S. My pics could've of been cuter! lol


No comments:

Post a Comment