Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

 
 
I'm so over making New Years resolutions and not sticking to them, so I decided to make a list of goals I would like to accomplish in 2013.  First, I put them in categories for example, fitness, personal, finances, etc.,  then I wrote a brief statement of what I want to happen from each goal and lastly, I listed steps that I would take to help me reach my goal. 
 
I watched an awesome YouTube video from NikkiPhillippi, called "How To Make Your Dreams Come True".  She talked about writing out your goals and writing out "baby steps" you will take to help you reach them.  Sometimes we set our goals to high and it hinders us from accomplishing it.  Say for instance you want to workout more and lose 15 pounds, instead of saying, "I'm going to work out everyday for an hour."  Now if you're someone who is not use to working out, then you should set your workout length lower.  Instead of working out for an hour everday, workout for 20 minutes a day and gradually increase the durations of your workouts once your body has adapted into working out.  I used her tips when I wrote out my goals and it really helped me.  Make sure you're making steps towards your goals that's feesible for you, even if it's as little as working out 5 or 10 minutes a day and if you stick with it you will accomplish all your goals!
 
 
Please check out Nikki's video below.  It was really helpful!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment